Coconut Milk and Fresh Herbs Yellowfin Salad
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
A delicious Coconut Milk and Fresh Herbs Yellowfin Salad.
ABOUT THE DISH
Jared sees it as our collective duty to help protect the coastline and have as little an impact as possible. This carries over into his work as a steamship pilot on the Mississippi river: “We as river pilots are at the frontline of environmental protection. Our number one job is to keep the environment and the people of Louisiana safe. This is our home, and we’re meant to take care of it.”
- 1 lb. fresh yellowfin tuna
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs (cilantro, parsley), minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 Serrano, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Dice fish into bite-sized cubes and cover with citrus juices for 15 minutes.
- Mix all other ingredients.
- Drain fish and toss into vegetables with coconut milk.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill before serving.
“The beautiful thing about Louisiana is we have seasonal seafood and this time of year our crab meat is some of the best in the world.”
– Jared Austin
Got a recipe to share?
Submit yours now!